Business Development Executive
We are looking for a hands-on Business Development Executive, and confident self-starter, to work across our commercial and customer functions (sales, marketing, client services), to increase our visibility and engagement with existing customers and key prospects.
This is a key role that will see us invest in you as a critical and valued primary representative and custodian of our high-quality business and brand reputation.
We believe that every exchange with clients and prospects matters and is handled with a consultative approach. Everything is about building long-term relationships; never ‘one-off’.
- Research, identify and contact prospective clients (cold, warm and existing) via telephone and email, to raise awareness of our services and generate revenue.
- Build and maintain lasting relationships with clients.
- Account management of new and existing clients, and upselling/cross-selling.
- Deliver excellent customer service and ensuring all customer enquiries are dealt with quickly and effectively.
- Support the commercial team with lead generation, sales, renewals and sales admin, working closely with them to help generate and sustain revenue.
- Raise awareness and generate demand for our services within the telco operators we analyse, in order to drive new subscriber growth.
- Collaborate closely with all areas of the business to ensure company projects, objectives and deadlines are met.
- Proactively engage with our users (via email and telephone) who provide us feedback to understand how we can continue to best support them.
- Maintain accurate customer data across CRM and other software/online tools.
- Build a strong understanding of our company, our industry and our clients.
- Opportunities to attend business meetings and industry events in the UK and abroad.
- Huge scope for personal development, learning new skills and opportunities to be involved in all areas of the business, particularly digital marketing, content, and social.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – articulate and confident.
- Confident and comfortable communicating with prospects and clients at all levels via telephone, email and face-to-face.
- Independent, reliable self-starter and ability to use your own initiative.
- Mindset of excellence – total quality and continual improvement.
- Strong attention to detail and time management, and highly organised.
- Quick to learn, take on feedback and adapt.
- Take ownership and pride in your work – ‘stepping up’ when necessary.
- Adept at using business and online software, and quick to learn new ones.
- Excellent team player and committed to achieving and exceeding company goals.
- An interest in IT, telecoms/communication industry and the emergence of new and adjacent technologies like AI, IoT, Cybersecurity will provide advantage.
ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS PREFERRED
- Ideally educated to degree level.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience, preferably in a commercial/sales role.
- Previous experience in a customer facing/B2B environment is highly desirable, but not essential.
- Experience of developing and maintaining relationships, business and sales development, customer service, account management, generating revenue.
- Other marketing experience, e.g. B2B outbound, inbound, content, social, automated, email.
- Telecom industry experience and domain knowledge.
- Start: ASAP
- Location: Steventon, Oxfordshire.
This is an exciting time to join Market Mettle Limited, a commercial analyst firm with Europe’s largest user base for premium industry intelligence and insight in the telecoms sector.
We have an established and loyal blue-chip client base, are fast growing, and have been consistently profitable since foundation in 2007.
Our subscription-based digital content platform is the authority of what’s really going on in telco. We release multiple online updates and digital reports every month, providing the deepest insight into the world’s largest telecom operators and their supplier ecosystems. Our analysis is highly rated and used by tens of thousands of senior executives across the multi-trillion-dollar global telecoms industry.
Our hub is in Steventon (Oxfordshire, UK), with team members distributed across Europe and further afield. For further information, visit www.marketmettle.com.
- Competitive salary + discretionary bonus
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Full training provided
- Pension contribution
- Free parking
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
We will make every effort to respond to all applications; however, if you do not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Image: Austin Distel / Unsplash