- Salary: As appropriate.
- Start: ASAP.
- Location: Steventon (Oxfordshire, United Kingdom).
- Keywords: Editor, Digital, Platform, Strategy, Leadership, Senior, Online-First, B2B, Industry, Multichannel.
This is an exciting time to join Market Mettle, a commercial analyst firm with Europe’s largest premium user base for telecoms industry intelligence and insight.
We have a loyal blue-chip client base, are fast growing, and have been consistently profitable since foundation in 2007.
Our innovative, research-led content provides engaging and authoritative insight into the world’s largest telecoms operators and their ecosystems. It is highly rated and relied on by tens of thousands of industry insiders — our un-gamed user Net Promoter Scores are world-class.
- Competitive salary + discretionary bonus.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Full training provided.
- Pension contribution.
- Free parking.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will make every effort to respond to all applications; however, if you do not receive a response within ten days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
We are looking for an experienced senior editor to develop and build TelcoTitans.com.
You will be responsible for the content, oversight, development and success of TelcoTitans.com, which is our new online hub for people and organisations whose livelihoods are dependent on the world’s largest telecoms operators. You will become a member of our leadership team, helping drive our strategy, planning, evolution and execution.
We are not a generic industry news outfit, taking a truly holistic view of the telecoms industry and its players. Driven by research and value, rather than chasing news, we aim for the best word (not the first), and are unbeholden to advertisers. We are refreshing in the extent to which we put users first, and our passion for what we do.
This role goes beyond content and editorial, and so is a rare opportunity for a seasoned editor to step up, extend their scope, and develop personally and professionally — building on content and production credentials.
We are seeking candidates who are not just proven as writers and editors, and digital content team leaders. Those are the table stakes. You must also be ambitious, a strategist and innovator, user-obsessed, have affinity with digital content platforms and analytics, and demonstrate commercial nous.
You will be a results-oriented manager who builds loyal and motivated teams, creates optimal systems, and delegates effectively. You will see digital platforms and tools foremost for their possibilities.
Ideally, you will show a decade of business-to-business editorial progression, including accountability for multichannel digital outputs and team leadership, with at least two years’ telecoms or adjacent industry content experience.
Now, you will be looking to extend your remit beyond content and editorial, to encompass the digital platform and user interface, to drive overall success.
Building an engaged and commercially sustainable global online audience for TelcoTitans.com, with planning, budgeting and resourcing responsibility, and P&L accountability.
- Content leadership, particularly for TelcoTitans.com. If not already, you will be progressing beyond predominantly hands-on writing, whilst for the immediate future retaining the editorial helm amongst wider responsibilities.
- Platform ownership, particularly CMS and analytics, as well as content production — best using resources and future-proofing.
- Commercially successful multichannel content strategy and execution, including online, social, email, digital reports, multimedia, and interactive.
- Teaming with commercial colleagues and report teams to maximise sustainable return on content and platform investment, whilst maintaining editorial integrity.
- Partnering with Senior Analysts to reengineer our Telcowatch digital report content and production within an online-first model, maximising synergies and value for both and driving forward the transformation and integration processes.
- Direct engagement with end-users and clients, assimilating their requirements and inputs.
- Local and distributed team building, development and leadership within a non-hierarchical organisation.
- Client and supplier meetings, briefings and industry events in the UK and internationally.
- Product development and extension — digital and off-line.
- Building strong understanding of our company, industry and clients. You will be a custodian of our reputation and brand.
- Huge scope for personal development, including involvement with other areas of the business.
Attributes and skills preferred
We are seeking a proven and ambitious editor to own and drive forward our current and next-generation online content and presence. You may already be doing this, or it is your next career step. We have great ambitions, always led by our users, and expect you to become a critical member of our core leadership team.
- Ideally educated at least to degree level.
- Independent, reliable, self-starter with ability to use your own initiative.
- Unceasing attention to detail and time management, highly organised, and obsessed with meeting deadlines. Taking ownership and pride in your work, and ‘stepping up’ when necessary.
- Mindset of excellence — total quality and continual improvement. Keen and quick to learn and adapt, and welcoming of feedback.
- Excellent team player. Committed to achieving and exceeding company as well as personal goals.
- Adept at computer- and online-working across a wide and evolving set of tools and systems, including Microsoft Office/Word and content management systems.
- Experience in a B2B content/editorial role.
- Telecoms industry experience and domain knowledge.
- Outputs will be in English, but additional language capabilities are valued, notably German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish.