- Start: ASAP.
- Hours: Full-time and/or part-time.
- Location: Our hub is in Oxfordshire, UK. Hybrid working during pandemic.
- Keywords: Account Manager | Commercial | Sales | Marketing | Client Services | Customer Relationships | Business Development.
TelcoTitans, part of Market Mettle Limited, serves Europe’s largest user base for premium telecoms industry intelligence and analysis. Our highly-rated, research-led content provides engaging and authoritative insight into the world’s largest telecom operators and their ecosystems.
Our hub is in Oxfordshire (UK), with team members distributed across Europe and further afield. We have always been digital, promoted flexible working, and utilised the best cloud tools. We actively encourage continuing professional development to get the best from each other, allied to considerable autonomy and responsibility.
- Competitive salary + discretionary bonus.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Support and training provided.
- Pension contribution.
- Free parking.
If you are proven account manager and business developer looking to step up apply considerable experience, you could be perfect for this role.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
We will make every effort to respond to all applications; however, if you do not receive a response within ten days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
TelcoTitans (part of Market Mettle) is looking for a hands-on Account Manager, and confident self-starter, to work across our commercial and customer functions (sales, marketing, client services), to increase our visibility and engagement with existing customers and key prospects. Our clients include blue-chip telecoms and technology companies, as well as small- to mid-sized tech players aspiring to become leaders in the industry.
This is a key role that will see us invest in you as a critical and valued primary representative and custodian of our high-quality propositions, and strong engagements and brand reputation.
We believe that every exchange with clients and prospects matters and is handled with a consultative approach. Everything is about building long-term relationships; never ‘one-off’.
Our commercial environment if fully integrated, with sales, marketing and client services aligned and working together to maximise immediate and longer-term business and personal impact and effectiveness.
Responsibilities to include:
- Active and regular account and engagement management of new and existing clients in order to build and maintain lasting customer relationships, with responsibility for the management of a significant proportion of TelcoTitans’ corporate client base, including pursuing up-sell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Actively research, identify and contact prospective clients (new, warm and existing) via calls, email, networking and social media, in order to build, manage and nurture sales pipeline to generate and sustain revenue.
- Responsible for own end-to-end sales, as well as supporting the wider commercial team with other new prospects and opportunities.
- Identification of new contacts (users, influencers and decision-makers) inside existing corporate licences for strategic relationship development.
- Identification of new groups and opportunities for cross-selling and up-selling additional services inside existing customers.
- Proactive, periodic account check-ins, discovery sessions and value briefings for our users/clients/prospects to gather feedback to understand how we can continue to best support them, and to promote other value-add services via consultative selling and relationship building.
- Deliver excellent customer service inside these accounts, ensuring all customer enquiries are dealt with quickly and effectively and that the wider business is always matching this standard of experience.
- Responsibility for renewal pursuit and value assurance, with overall responsibility for a significant number of corporate customer accounts.
- Owning the welcoming (new) and renewal (ongoing) onboarding process for customers (incl. development of new process, material and maintaining cadence) with support from MM commercial and consulting teams.
- Responsibility for collaborating closely with all areas of the business to ensure customer projects, objectives, deadlines and expectations are managed and met inside existing customers.
- Coordinating communications (internally and with customers) on customer-focused activity, including managing project and team calendars as requested by MM programme managers and ensuring customer deadlines are met.
- Managing handoffs to analysts, researchers, consultants, etc. as needed for project and session work, and closing the loop on value delivered for projects, sessions and other client and user deliverables.
- Train and mentor new junior commercial team members.
- CRM database management and sales admin to ensure maintenance of accurate data.
- Experience in a customer-facing B2B environment.
- Minimum of 3 years in a transferrable account management, commercial or sales role. (We welcome experienced candidates seeking a new career chapter.)
- Proven capability closing sales, developing and maintaining relationships (account management), business and sales development and customer service.
- Excellent multichannel verbal and written communication skills – empathetic, articulate, organized, focused and confident.
- Confident and comfortable communicating with prospects and clients at all levels via telephone, email, social channels and face-to-face.
- Independent, reliable self-starter with ability to use own initiative.
- Mindset of excellence – total quality and continual improvement.
- Strong attention to detail, activity and time management, and highly organized (including CRM — Salesforce).
- Quick to learn, take on feedback and adapt.
- Take ownership and pride in work – ‘stepping up’ when necessary.
- Adept at using business and online software, and quick to learn new ones.
- Excellent team player and committed to achieving and exceeding company as well as personal goals.
- Wider marketing experience, e.g. B2B outbound, inbound, content, social, automated.
- Telecom industry experience and domain knowledge would be advantageous, but not essential.
- Telecoms/communication and IT industry experience, domain knowledge and interest is advantageous, as is interest in the emergence of new and adjacent technologies like AI, IoT, cybersecurity.
- Education to degree level.